Followers

Thursday, November 01, 2012

girls bedroom

finally my girls bedroom is making progress:  this week i took these barstools and chopped off the bottom half.  I mean really when i ordered these 18 years ago, i gave the guy the measurement for the length of my counter in the hope of getting barstools with larger seats, with tears in my eyes i tell you my toosh was never gonna be accomodated on the minute seat.  None the less thats what we ended up with and they were OK i geuss.
so this is what they looked like once i chopped off the bottom half, exactly like a childs chair, i mean since i got them my toosh has doubled in size.




so turned them into two little benches to go at the bottoms of the girls beds.  I made a padded cushion to match the new headboards that i made,

then once that was done i had a little ipiphany and made a little stool to go in front of the small dresser they have, amde from the bottom half of the stool.


I also decided that the ceiling fan was looking rather sad since there isnt a cover for the centre light fitting so i made a little garland to drape from that to detract from looking at the ugly bare globe.


thanks for stopping by, just to let you know that this girls room has been a constant pain for me, never felt quite right with it.  Everything in the girls room has been an upcycled project from junk that i have reconned into what you now see, except for their beds.
I am finally starting to feel better about this room and so are the girls, next i wanna hang their pink mosquito nets, but will need hubster to hold the ladder, lol
smiles
Paola

5 comments:

  1. You are amazing my friend! Stunning work and the girls room is looking fabulous. I know how hard you work at your DIY projects, so you deserve all the accolades!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOWZER Girlfriend!! You ROCK! Their room looks too beautiful and very girly bet they luv it. Don't you wanna come and redecorate my house a bit, wishful thinking. Can't wait to see your next project. Lotsa luv, hugs xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the girls' room is looking great Paola. You've really transformed it beautifully with your DIY projects. They must be super pleased.... can I come play? Waiting for the next project now...lol hugs Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job you did here! You are a super DIY woman! :) And now I'm gonna look for your paper crafts!
    Riet x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Superb job. the bedroom looks gorgeous and i love the way you have transformed the stools. i love the garland, truly inspirational. Thanks for sharing
    Julie

    ReplyDelete

I am greatly encouraged by your comment, thanks for popping by. smiles Paola